Friday, August 28, 2015

UnTextbook

UnTextbook
Italian: “Water and Salt” was probably the first story that caught my eye because I feel that I have heard many variations of a similar story. In got my attention mainly because tone of the daughters of the king tells her father that she loves him like salt and water and gets condemned to execution by her father.

European: “Puss in Boots” was very interesting to read for me because of the fact that I had seen the character before on the movie Shrek. Even though I knew who puss in boots was I had no idea what the story behind him was. It interesting how bright and smart puss in boots is in the story and how he is almost like the master rather then the cat of the master.

Homers Iliad: “How the war with Troy began” caught my interest because I was never really aware of how that war started. I had always known of the Trojan War and Trojan horse but never how the fight began. The beginning of the war lasted nine years however it went on from there, which, is something I had no idea about.

Egypt: “The Secret Name of Ra” was another story that really interested me because it informed me of who Ra was. I was aware that he was an Egyptian god but didn’t know much more about him.


Egypt: “Osiris” Also got my attention because the fun fact that when Osiris came to rule he taught the Egyptians how to not be savages. He also taught the Egyptians how to harvest the lands and rely on farming for food then rather the choice of just hunting. In other words under the rule of Osiris was the golden age for the Egyptians because of all the wisdom Osiris brought to them.

Picture of Osiris in between Isis and Horus. Picture Source: UnTextbook

No comments:

Post a Comment