Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Myth-folklore Brainstorm Topics

Myth-Folklore Topics
Storybook Topic: Egyptian mythology
Comments: Egyptian myths have always intrigued me because of their uniqueness and supernatural like stories. It would be fun to be able to retell one of those stories with a different twist.
Possible Stories: After reading the Egyptian mythology I really like death of Osiris and king of the dead story. Both Stories go hand and hand so It would be really fun to create my own version of tale with a little bit more action and thrill.
Bibliography:
Title: Egyptian Myth and Legend
Author: Donald Mackenzie

Year: 1907

Storybook Topic: Limbo
Comments: After reading Dante’s inferno I thought that limbo was a cool story to write about. Since it is basically a place where people are stuck because they lived before Christianity.
Possible Stories: I could retell a different version of Dante’s limbo. I could tell the story of the soul of man who is stuck in limbo. In my opinion the reason for being stuck there is pretty unfair. So I would tell the story of one man who is liberated and find justice for being stuck there.
Sample Stories: Limbo
Bibliography:
Title: Dante’s Devine comedy
Author: Dante Alighieri

Storybook Topic: Fairy Tales: The Three Little pigs
Comments:  I thought this story would be cool to work with since it is all-familiar to most people and it is a story that I used to hear when I was younger.
Possible Stories: The three little pigs would probably be a cool story to change up. I would probably make a different version such as parody or more action packed for a more mature audience.
Sample Stories: The Three Little Pigs
Bibliography:
Title: English Fairytales
Author: Joseph Jacobs
Year: 1890

(A picture of the three little pigs) Source


Storybook Topic: The Living Dead.

Comments: I would like to write a cool story of zombies or corpses with a lot of action because I find zombies interesting.
Possible Stories: A cool story to change up and make a different version of would be The Two Corpses by W.R.S. Ralston. I could change up the story leaving the two corpses the same but instead of being it one soldier I would make it a group of soldiers who try to survive. I could make the story more suspenseful and add a little more description to it.
Sample Stories: The Two Corpses
Bibliography:
Title: The Two Corpses
Author: W.R.S. Ralston
Year: 1887

No comments:

Post a Comment