Sunday, September 13, 2015

Styles Brainstorm

Urban Legends of Horror: Styles Brainstorm

Topic. My Storybook will contain horror stories from urban legends. My goal is find four or five horror stories and change up the as much as possible and end them differently from what the original stories are. One story I would like to use is the one I have already posted about which is The Two Corpses, and another story I want to use is Call from Beyond. The main idea for choosing my stories is they have to be suspenseful so in that way I can make my own stories more interesting and keep the reader wanting to read more.

Bibliography:
1.     TheTwo Corpses, from Russian Fairy Tales by W. R. S. Ralston (1887)
2.     Calls from Beyond, from snopes.com

Possible Styles:

Third Person Storyteller: I would really like to have a storytelling character that tells the horror stories to strangers. I could maybe have I could choose someone from the story in first person. I could also make it to where the person telling the story could be random stranger just to add suspense to the story. I could have this old man be the character that adds the third person storytelling. He could add a little more suspense to the story telling the story making it very interesting.

First Person Storyteller: I would able to tell the stories separately from a first person view. In this way each character would be able to explain and depict things much more clearly. This would add a lot more detail to the stories and be able to have the reader dive into the stories as if they were actually in it.

Traveler as Narrator: The stories could be told through the words of an old man who has been traveling from place to place because he has no home. He could be a homeless man who has no place to go, no friends, no family however he speaks to the reader and tells them these tales. I believe this could make the stories more suspenseful because of the fact that they are coming from a random mysterious man.


Meeting in the after life: The stories could be told in a meeting in the after life where each character from each story finds them selves dead and tells the reader the story of their demise. So that in this way the reader is reading what the characters from each story experienced.



No comments:

Post a Comment